Make sure you have a proper ID for online testing
Please remember to review any program-specific ID policies on your exam program’s homepage prior to your appointment.
- All IDs must be valid government-issued in their original form (not a photocopy)
- Acceptable IDs include: International travel passport; driver’s license; identification card (national, state, or province ID card); alien registration card (green card or permanent resident/visa)
- By law, certain IDs must not be photocopied, digitized, or captured on camera. Because of this, Pearson VUE cannot accept restricted IDs as identification for online testing, including the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Common Access Card (CAC) or certain secure access IDs.
- IDs must include the candidate’s name
- The first and last name on the ID must match the first and last name the candidate used to register for the exam.
- ID must include a recent, recognizable photo
Candidate under 18 years old:
- During check-in, parent/guardian must present their own ID and give consent for candidate to be recorded. Candidate also to present government issued ID if they have one, or student ID if they do not have one.